‘Twas the week before winter break and all through the dorms…well, there’s no cute way to rhyme that at the moment, everyone is stressed and freaking out about finals. Though I am one of these stressed students, instead of studying, I spent five consecutive hours cutting out paper snowflakes for my dorm. Obviously, I have my priorities straight.
But really, it’s perfectly okay to take a study break (maybe not for five hours of snowflake making like me) and relax for a little bit. And what better way to relax, than by spreading Christmas cheer? So I thought I would share with you a few ways I made my dorm a bit more merry & bright for the season.
(Warning: I go a little overboard with the fake snow and frost effects on my pictures..whoops)
- Snowflakes everywhere. I used some scrap paper to cut out paper snowflakes, tied them up with twine, and taped them to my ceiling to create an indoor winter wonderland.
2. More Snowflakes. The leftover snowflakes were taped around my walls and basically anywhere that there was an empty surface. I also purchased these fun twinkle lights from Target for only $3 and hung them around my mirror, because you can never have too many Christmas lights.
3. Even more snowflakes! I bought this snowflake garland (also from Target) and taped it up above my bed.
4. Refrigerator doodles. I used some markers to doodle a cute and merry message on my refrigerator that can easily be washed off with water and redone later!
5. Tea Lights and Lace. Since candles aren’t usually allowed in dorm rooms, battery powered tea lights are the perfect solution. They make the room cute and cozy, while not actually creating a fire hazard. Also I found some cute wintery lace that I used to tie around my pots to make them a bit more “Christmasy”.
6. Snowflake Marquee and More Tea Lights. These are also both from Target, and like I said before, there’s no such thing as too many Christmas lights.
7. Christmas Music. The holidays aren’t complete without the sounds of Jingle Bells ringing through the rafters. Both of these records are from second hand stores and are the best to listen to all through December (and sometimes the rest of the year too).
8. And a Christmas Tree! This is a little, fake tree that I brought to my dorm and it is the perfect finishing touch to a cheerful, holiday decorated room!